Joseph Lawrence Scott
Scott, circa 2009; Age-progression to an unknown age; Drawings of Scott's tattoos
- Missing Since 11/04/2009
- Missing From Pala, California
- Classification Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Native American
- Date of Birth 01/24/1950 (73)
- Age 49 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10 - 6'2, 140 - 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black t-shirt and black or blue Levi's pants.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Native American male. Brown hair, green eyes. Scott may use the last name Hawk. His nicknames are Joe and Pookie. He has a bald spot on the back of his head and he normally wears his hair in a ponytail. Scott has tattoos of the words "S.A.C. Luiseno Indian" and a Native American person's head on his arms; drawings of these tattoos are posted with this case summary. He is a member of the San Luiseno Indian tribe.
Details of Disappearance
Scott was last seen on November 4, 2009. He lived in Pala, California at the time of his disappearance, and was known to frequent casinos in San Diego County and Riverside County. He rode a bicycle for transportation.
Scott's cousin went to check on him at the trailer where he lived after no one saw or heard from him in several days and he didn't collect his Christmas bonus from the tribal hall. No one answered her knocks on the door, so she called the tribal police, who refused to break into the trailer until she got the tribal chairman to act. When law enforcement finally broke inside, the trailer was deserted.
Scott was reportedly sighted in Tijuana, Mexico in 2015, but his current whereabouts are unknown and few details are available in his case.
- San Diego County Sheriff's Department 858-974-2143
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 14, 2019; age-progression added, details of disappearance updated.