Joseph Thomas Rodziewicz Jr.
Rodziewicz, circa 1989
- Missing Since 05/01/1989
- Missing From Methuen, Massachusetts
- Classification Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/25/1957 (66)
- Age 32 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0 - 6'2, 240 - 270 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but he usually wore jeans, a t-shirt, a vest, size 12 work boots or cowboy boots, a gold chain necklace, a wallet attached with a chain, and possibly a hat with a brim.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, green/hazel eyes. Rodziewicz is very nearsighted and wears gold wire-rimmed Aviator eyeglasses. He smokes cigarettes and he may grow his hair long and have a beard and mustache. He is missing his upper two front teeth and he may have a scar on his throat and a surgical scar on his navel. His left ear was pierced and was torn from having the earring forcibly pulled out. He may use the first names Joe, Joey, Peter and/or Petey, or the name Wayne Miller. Rodziewicz has multiple homemade tattoos. On his left arm he has tattoos of a cross, the name "JOE" followed by the letters "FTW" and the letters "DFFL" descending down his hand. He has the word "FUCK" spelled across the fingers of one hand and the word "LOVE" or "HATE" on the fingers of the other hand. He may have the names "Kathy" or "Sally" on his torso, and he has other tattoos on his body and right arm.
Details of Disappearance
Rodziewicz went to visit a girlfriend in Methuen, Massachusetts in May 1989. This was the last time anyone in his family saw him. He called his sister from a pay phone in Connecticut in late 1989 or early 1990. He had a reputation as a drifter and would go for a long time without contact with his family, he usually called one of his half-sisters around Christmas time.
Rodziewicz called his sister collect in 1995. He said he was in Illinois at the time and homeless, but the phone bill proved he was calling from Connecticut. This was the last time anyone in his family heard from him.
Rodziewicz claimed to be associated with a motorcycle gang that operated out of Lowell, Massachusetts. He may have worked for a moving company in Chicago, Illinois for a time and he had also worked for a sanitation company. He has a prior arrest history.
His family reported him missing in 2011, twenty-two years after they last saw him and sixteen years after they last heard from him. The circumstances of his disappearance are unclear. Methuen, Massachusetts police are investigating.
- Methuen Police Department 978-983-8675
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 16, 2011; casefile added.