Joseph Weber IV
Weber, circa 2014; Tattoos on Weber's torso
- Missing Since 11/24/2014
- Missing From San Francisco, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Biracial, Native American, White
- Date of Birth 09/07/1986 (36)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 180 - 190 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black jacket, a San Francisco 49ers' jacket, black shoes with "Weber" written in the tongue, and a Hawaii charm necklace with a hook pendant.
- Medical Conditions Weber suffers post-traumatic stress disorder. He suffered a traumatic brain injury in an explosion during his war service and has seizures and migraine headaches as a result.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Weber has the following tattoos: a moose and the Dr. Seuss cartoon characters Thing 1 and Thing 2 on his left arm, the phrase "By any means necessary" on his chest, and a Latin phrase on his abdomen. The Latin is "Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim", a phrase by the poet Ovid which translates to "Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you." A photo of Weber's chest and abdomen tattoos is posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Weber left his Sunnyvale, California home on November 24, 2014. The California Highway Patrol found his car parked in the Golden Gate Bridge employee parking lot on November 27.
Surveillance cameras show Weber walking onto the bridge and standing amid a crowd of people. According to his family, the cameras show him walking off the bridge at 3:00 p.m., and his cellular phone remained turned on until 8:00 p.m. He has never been heard from again.
Weber is an Army veteran who served two tours of duty in Iraq as a military police officer. He was in the middle of a divorce at the time of his disappearance and was struggling in his classes at De Anza College.
Due to his medical conditions and the circumstances of his disappearance, Weber's family is concerned for his safety. His case remains unsolved.
- Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety 408-808-4720
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 26, 2019; distinguishing characteristics and clothing/jewelry description updated.