Julia Vita Salucka
Salucka, circa 1986
- Missing Since 11/07/1986
- Missing From Kansas City, Missouri
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/03/1967 (56)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'7, 100 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black leather jacket, dark gray jeans, a pink sweatshirt and black ankle boots.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Light blue 1974 Mercury Comet (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Salucka has a tattoo on her left shoulder of the letters "MPD" and a heart. She has supports for braces or a dental retainer in her mouth. Her ears are pierced and she wears eyeglasses. Salucka is of Lithuanian descent.
Details of Disappearance
Salucka departed from her apartment in the 4900 block of Grand Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri on November 7, 1986. She had moved to Kansas City from Rockford, Illinois only two months prior to her disappearance, and was sharing an apartment with her brother. Although she had a cosmetology license in Illinois, she had not gotten such a license in Kansas and was working at a Hardee's restaurant.
On the night she went missing, she called a female friend and her former boyfriend and said she was coming home to Rockford. She told her brother she was going to visit a female coworker from Hardee's. She left without taking any belongings, apparently never arrived at her destination and has never been heard from again. She was last seen near the Hardee's at 41st Street and Main Street at about midnight.
On March 30, 1987, over four months after Salcuka's disappearance, the police in North Kansas City, Missouri stopped a man who was driving her light blue 1974 Mercury Comet. When they realized the car did not belong to him, they impounded it.
They questioned the man two times; he reportedly denied any involvement in Salucka's disappearance but was proven to have lied on several occasions in his statements. Investigators also got information that the Illinois State Police stopped another vehicle in January 1987, in Crestwood, Illinois, that had the same license plates that were issued to Salucka's car.
Authorities initially believed that Salucka may have traveled to California to join a musical group. That theory has apparently been disproven, although it is possible Salucka did head to California.
Some agencies may list November 16, 1986 as the date of Salucka's disappearance. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.
- Kansas City Police Department 816-234-5136
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 16, 2021; picture added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.