Kami Luella Vollendroff
Kami, circa 2001; Age-progression to age 19 (circa 2003)
- Missing Since 11/21/2001
- Missing From Depoe Bay, Oregon
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/12/1984 (38)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 125 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Black shiny pants and a white sweatshirt.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Kami's ears are pierced. She had blonde streaks in her hair at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Kami and her boyfriend, Eugene Hyatt, were last seen at Boiler Bay State Park in Depoe Bay, Oregon on November 21, 2001. They were staying in an oceanfront condominium with Hyatt's grandparents.
At 10:00 a.m. they left the condominium, telling Hyatt's grandparents that they planned to look at the tide pools during the day. Neither Kami nor Hyatt has been heard from again.
Authorities believe that the couple was swept out to sea and drowned; a storm hit the area at around the time they vanished and it is thought that they were dragged into the water by a powerful wave
One of Hyatt's shoes was discovered near Boiler Bay Cove several days after they vanished. The cove is a rocky inlet and is located less than one mile from the couple's last known location inside the park. The couple's bodies were never found, however.
Kami and Hyatt resided in Stayton, Oregon in 2001.
- Lincoln County Sheriff's Office 541-265-4231
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 29, 2011; five pictures added.