Kandis Rose Harris
Kandis, circa 2021
- Missing Since 07/14/2021
- Missing From Salt Lake City, Utah
- Classification Endangered Runaway
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/12/2005 (18)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 135 pounds
- Medical Conditions Kandis has a medical condition that requires constant medication. She has a history of drug abuse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes. Kandis may go by the name Brooklyn. Her natural hair color is blonde; it was dyed dark brown at the time of her disappearance. Her ears are pierced, as is the right side of her upper lip.
Details of Disappearance
Kandis was last seen in Salt Lake City, Utah on July 15, 2021. She was enrolled in an inpatient substance abuse treatment program at a facility called Odyssey House. That day she jumped over a fence, left the grounds of the treatment center and never returned.
For four days after running away from the treatment facility, she remained active on social media. Then the social media activity stopped entirely, and never resumed. She was not allowed to have her cellular phone while at Odyssey House, and a search of her previous phone activity turned up no leads.
There were possible sightings of Kandis in the local area after she went missing, around Liberty Park and in the areas around North Temple and State Street. These sightings have not been confirmed, however. Authorities investigated the theory that she'd become a victim of human trafficking; she had been trafficked before.
By the time of her disappearance, Kandis had been a ward of the state for a year and had been in and out of multiple treatment centers. She had run away from Odyssey House three separate times, and kept getting sent back to it. Kandis's whereabouts are unknown and her case remains unsolved.
- Salt Lake City Police Department 801-799-3000
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 8, 2023; casefile added.