Karen Jo Smith
Smith, circa 2000; Halcomb, circa 2000; Halcomb's vehicle; Ring similar to Smith's ring
- Missing Since 12/27/2000
- Missing From Indianapolis, Indiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/12/1965 (57)
- Age 35 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11, 148 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray Indiana University sweatshirt, jeans or gray sweatpants, white socks, a pink marquise ring with gold stripe across the stone, a gold ring with seventeen diamonds on a cross band (similar to the one pictured with this case summary), and possibly a black leather thigh-length jacket with a large hood and gold satin lining. Possibly carrying a twelve-inch black leather purse with a shoulder strap and a multicolored woven leather cigarette case.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Light blue 1983 Ford LTD with the Indiana license plate number 95W7801 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Smith has scars on her left foot and on her abdomen. She has a surgical scar on her left knee. Smith wore a retainer on her lower teeth at the time of her 2000 disappearance. She has a wide gap between her upper front teeth. Smith's right index finger was severed during a sewing accident and reattached prior to her disappearance. She occasionally walks with a limp as the result of a cleft foot. One of Smith's ankles was reconstructed during her childhood. Her left ear is pierced three times on the earlobe, with an additional piercing in the upper cartilage. Smith's right ear is pierced twice in the earlobe. Her maiden name is Bishop.