Karen Margaret Kincaid
Kincaid, circa 2002
- Missing Since 10/03/2002
- Missing From Oakland, Oregon
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/17/1944 (79)
- Age 58 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 180 pounds
- Medical Conditions Kincaid has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She may have been depressed at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, brown eyes. Kincaid may use the name Ciaran B. Murray.
Details of Disappearance
Kincaid was last seen in the afternoon of October 3, 2002, at the Safeway store on northeast Stephens Street in the Metz Hill area of Oakland, Oregon. She has never been heard from again. Her dog, a neutered male Pomeranian named Pippen, disappeared with her and has never been found. Kincaid left behind her pet bird and cat, however.
It was initially believed that Kincaid left of her own accord because of a recent divorce, but foul play is now suspected in her case. Investigators think finding Pippen may be key to solving Kincaid's disappearance, as whoever took her possibly took the dog as well, and may have sold it or given it away. Pippen would be seven or eight years old as of 2007.
At the time of her disappearance, Kincaid was living in a small cabin on Sparks Road in Oakland. She was close to her family and it is uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved.
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office 514-440-4458
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 22, 2007; details of disappearance updated.