Katesia Marshae Weathers

Weathers, circa 2007; Mario Scott

  • Missing Since 05/22/2007
  • Missing From Pine Bluff, Arkansas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 09/14/1980 (43)
  • Age 26 years old
  • Height and Weight Height unknown, 95 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Weathers's nickname is Teshia. Some accounts spell her name "Kateisha." She has a tattoo of the word "Tiny" on her abdomen.

Details of Disappearance

Weathers was last seen in Pine Bluff, Arkansas on May 22, 2007. At the time of her disappearance, she was seeking an order of protection against her boyfriend, Mario Scott. Weathers alleged that Scott physically abused her and had threatened her life. She had reported five incidents of domestic battery with Scott in two years. A photo of him is posted with this case summary.

In January 2007, Weathers said Scott had taken her outside against her will, stripped her naked and beaten her until she collapsed. She sought assistance from a domestic violence shelter and said she planned to leave Scott. With guidance from the shelter, she filed paperwork to get an order of protection against him.

A court hearing was held to decide the matter on February 13. Weathers attended but Scott did not; investigators could not locate him to serve him the summons. The hearing was rescheduled for May 22 due to Scott's absence. Neither Scott nor Weathers attended the rescheduled hearing, however, and the protective order was dismissed as a result.

Weathers was last seen at 2:30 p.m. that same day, an hour after her scheduled hearing, walking on west 16th Street. She had left her grandmother's house in the 3200 block of west 16th Avenue and was reportedly going to visit a friend in the area of 17th Avenue and Juniper Street, but never arrived there.

She had been in Atlanta, Georgia with relatives, but returned to Pine Bluff because her grandmother was ill. Her purse was left behind at her grandmother's home. She has never been heard from again.

At 9:15 p.m. that day, the Pine Bluff Fire Department responded to a house fire on the intersection of Peach and Burnett streets in Pine Bluff. Scott was staying in the house at the time. The firefighters extinguished the fire. They reported it had been deliberately set in multiple places and there was an odor of gasoline.

At 5:00 a.m. the next day, the fire department was called again to the same house for another fire. This time the house was completely destroyed by the blaze. The second fire was also believed to be arson and police believe Scott set it.

Weathers was reported missing on May 25. On June 15, Scott was arrested and charged with battery and kidnapping in connection with the alleged beating of her in January. He posted bond and was released. He has an extensive criminal history, mostly for violent offenses, and Weathers's family reported that he threatened them after her disappearance.

In July 2007, Scott was re-arrested and charged in connection with the alleged incidents with Weathers's family. A judge revoked his bond in August and he was incarcerated. In December, Scott was charged with capital murder in Weathers's presumed death.

Scott pleaded no contest to Weathers's murder. He was sentenced to 25 years in prison without parole. This is in addition to the 22-year sentence he's serving for his January 2007 attack on Weathers. If he had been convicted of capital murder, Scott could have faced the death penalty.

Authorities believe he beat Weathers to death in the house in Pine Bluff which later burned. They think he dumped her body in the woods, then came back for it a week later, put the body in a barrel and burned it. Her remains have never been found.

Foul play is suspected in Weathers's disappearance due to the circumstances involved.

Investigating Agency

  • Pine Bluff Police Department 870-543-5105

Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 2, 2019; distinguishing characteristics updated.