Kathleen Laura Ranft
Ranft, circa 1985
- Missing Since 04/05/1985
- Missing From Seguin, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/18/1956 (67)
- Age 29 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue and white flowered Western-style shirt, blue jeans, sandals, a gold wedding band with nine diamonds, two other rings, diamond earrings, a gold chain with a diamond pendant, and a Seiko wristwatch.
- Associated Vehicle(s) 1980 Chevrolet Citation (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Ranft has a scar on her abdomen. Her right arm was previously fractured.
Details of Disappearance
Ranft was last seen in Seguin, Texas on April 5, 1985. She left her job at the Lippe Tire Center at 5:50 p.m., and her husband says he last saw her when she left to go dancing at the Country Cabaret on FM 467 between 9:00 and 9:30 p.m. She has never been heard from again.
Ranft's 1980 Chevrolet Citation was not in the Country Cabaret parking lot at closing time at 1:00 a.m. on April 6, but it was found in the lot later that morning. There was no sign of her at the scene.
She left behind three children. She was separated from her husband at the time of her disappearance, and he didn't report her missing; her boss did, after she didn't show up for work after the weekend. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.
- Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office 830-379-1224
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 28, 2021; two pictures added, clothing/jewelry description updated.