Kathy Joan Arredondo
Arredondo, circa 2012; Arredondo's engagement ring and matching necklace
- Missing Since 02/11/2012
- Missing From Houston, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/04/1975 (48)
- Age 37 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'4, 140 - 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt, a black jacket, pink pajama pants with images of the cartoon character Eeyore, white sneakers, and possibly her engagement ring and matching necklace. Photos of the jewelry are posted with this case summary.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Arredondo may use the last name Lawson-Arredondo. She has a surgical scar on the left side of her face extending from her forehead to her nose, a tattoo of a unicorn on her left shoulder and a tattoo of three hearts with her three children's names on her right arm. Her ears are pierced and her nose was previously pierced, but the hole had closed by the time she disappeared. Arredondo's nicknames are Kat and Kathy Worm.
Details of Disappearance
Arredondo was last seen in her home in Houston, Texas on February 11, 2012. That day, she and her live-in boyfriend got into an argument. He disabled her car so she couldn't leave the house, then left. Arredondo and her teenage daughter then left the house on foot and went out to shop and get a meal.
While she was out, Arredondo sent her boyfriend a text message saying she was leaving him. They returned home and, at some point, Arredondo and her daughter saw her boyfriend go to a friend's house across the street. They didn't try to talk to him.
Arredondo went to sleep on the sofa in her daughter's bedroom. She was last seen at 10:30 p.m. When her daughter woke up at 7:00 a.m., her mother was gone. She asked Arredondo's boyfriend where she was, and he said he hadn't gotten home until 5:00 a.m. and he hadn't seen her.
She left behind her purse, money, wallet, clothes, identification, ATM card, and makeup. Only her keys, cellular phone, cigarettes, her engagement ring and a matching necklace were missing. Arredondo has never been heard from again.
Arredondo lived in the cities of Albuquerque and Clovis in New Mexico for most of her life before she moved to Texas in November 2011. Although there's no hard evidence of foul play in her case, her family stated it's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning and they don't believe she would have abandoned her three teenage children. Her case remains unsolved.
- Houston Police Department 713-731-5223
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 31, 2019; two picture added.