Kayla Rose Mason
Mason, circa 2019
- Missing Since 07/31/2019
- Missing From Toledo, Ohio
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Biracial, Black, White
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 190 pounds
- Medical Conditions Mason suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. She was having suicidal thoughts at the time of her disappearance, and wasn't taking the medication she needed to control her bipolar disorder.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Caucasian) female. Brown hair, green eyes. Mason has the following tattoos: an infinity symbol on her right wrist, the numbers "1996" and "2015" across the knuckles of both hands, and a rose and vine design on her the back of her right shoulder. Her nose and ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Mason was last seen in Toledo, Ohio on July 31, 2019. She lived with her grandparents at the time, worked full time and had a four-year-old daughter. Sometime during the night she disappeared, leaving a note saying she was bad at saying goodbyes. She left most of her belongings behind, taking only an inactive cellular phone, some clothes, a tent and a few other items.
She has never been heard from again. Because of the note and the fact that Mason is an adult, the police refused to list her as a missing person for five months.
None of Mason's friends or family has heard from her since her disappearance, and it's uncharacteristic of her to be out of touch with them. Few details are available in her case.
- Toledo Police Department 419-245-3340
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 23, 2021; medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.