Keith Gerald Spelhaug
Spelhaug, circa 2003
- Missing Since 11/18/2003
- Missing From Ocala, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/30/1948 (75)
- Age 55 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 210 - 225 pounds
- Medical Conditions Spelhaug is mentally disabled. He suffers from bipolar disorder and is required to take medication to treat his condition. He did not have his medicine with him when he vanished.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, blue eyes. Spelhaug wears eyeglasses, but he left his behind.
Details of Disappearance
Spelhaug was last seen in Ocala, Florida on November 18, 2003. He has never been heard from again. He is believed to have wandered away from his apartment in 7900 block of southeast Midway Drive Terrace, possibly intending to take a walk in the woods nearby as he often did.
Spelhaug has dropped out of sight for days at a time before, but has never been gone for this long. His eyeglasses and medication were left behind at his home.
In the summer of 2004, cadaver-sniffing dogs indicated the presence of a body in a lake near Spelhaug's apartment. Authorities drained and searched the lake, thinking Spelhaug was there, but uncovered no evidence. His case remains unsolved.
- Ocala Police Department 352-732-9111
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 21, 2016; distinguishing characteristics updated.