Kelly Marie Vazquez
Vazquez, circa 2021; Some of Vazquez's tattoos
- Missing Since 05/23/2021
- Missing From Valrico, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/27/2000 (23)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 115 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue jacket, a long-sleeved cropped black t-shirt, light gray shorts with the word "Pink" on the front and black stripes down the side, and white Nike sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Vazquez has a drug abuse problem.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Vazquez has the following tattoos: a dream catcher on her right thigh, a rose on her left hip, a red dollar sign on her finger, the name "Chris K" on her wrist, a spider and spiderweb on her the inside of her left forearm. Photos of some of them are posted with this case summary. Her left nipple is pierced. Her hair was dyed pink or purple at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Vazquez was last seen in Valrico, Florida on May 23, 2021. She left her family's home at about 8:00 or 9:00 a.m. with a man she was dating, after telling her grandmother she'd be back that afternoon. She left her makeup, extra clothing and hygiene products behind, and never returned home.
Vazquez had a text message conversation with an out-of-state friend later that day. She said she was shopping at Walmart with two men and might go to the Hard Rock Casino in Tampa, Florida. The call was cut off. Vazquez messaged her friend again later saying she was "in the middle of nowhere" and cellular reception was bad.
The next day, Vazquez's grandmother got a text from her phone asying she was headed home. She never arrived, though, and this is the last time anyone heard from her. The police began investigating her disappearance on May 26. The man she left her grandmother's house with said he last saw her on May 24 and dropped her off at a friend's house.
In June, a person came forward with Vazquez's two iPhones, one of which was an older model with no service and the other of which she had been using at the time of her disappearance. The person who had them said they got them after someone tried to sell the phones to the person's daughter. Both phones had been reset to factory settings and the SIM card was missing from one of them. Neither of them could be activated because they'd been reported as stolen.
According to Vazquez's family, she struggled with a drug problem. She had gone into recovery and gotten a job as a restaurant server, but then she got injured, lost her job and began using drugs again. Her case remains unsolved.
- Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office 813-247-8000
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 30, 2022; case added.