Kenneth Arthur Schweighart
Schweighart, circa 1982
- Missing Since 03/02/1982
- Missing From New Lisbon, New Jersey
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/25/1935 (87)
- Age 46 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'9, 145 - 155 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green checkered shirt, a blue jacket and blue pants.
- Medical Conditions Schweighart is mildly mentally disabled, with an IQ of 58. He is not violent.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, blue or brown eyes. Schweighart may have a scar on his forehead.
Details of Disappearance
Schweighart was a resident of the New Lisbon State School for Retarded Males in New Lisbon, New Jersey in 1982; he had lived there for approximately four years. His family lived in Garfield, New Jersey. He left the campus at 11:45 a.m. on March 2, 1982 and has never been heard from again.
Curiously, Schweighart is not the only New Lisbon State School resident who went missing and was never heard from again; Steven Anderson and David Williams disappeared from there together in 1975. It hasn't been proven that the disappearances are related.
The New Lisbon State School is now coed and known as the New Lisbon Developmental Center. All three cases remains unsolved.
- New Jersey Human Services Police 609-633-1935
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 4, 2010; distinguishing characteristics updated.