Kenneth Eldon Funk
Funk, circa 2004
- Missing Since 06/19/2004
- Missing From Las Vegas, Nevada
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/03/1947 (76)
- Age 57 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'0, 210 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A swimsuit.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Funk was last seen boating on Lake Mead on the outskirts of Las Vegas, Nevada on June 19, 2004. His wife was washed overboard after a wave struck the front of their boat. She wasn't wearing a life jacket, and Funk grabbed one and jumped into the water to save her.
Before the couple could get back aboard the boat, the wind sent it drifting away from them. Funk and his wife treaded water for forty minutes, before Funk told her to let him go, and he sank in the water.
Meanwhile, their grandson and their daughter's former boyfriend were still on the boat, which was adrift; the engine would not restart. One of them called the National Park Service (NPS) for help at 9:00 a.m., but he didn't know his exact location or his launch point, and it took an NPS pilot to spot the stranded boat and Funk's wife in the water.
NPS ranger picked up Funk's wife, and a search for him was launched, but his body has never been found. He worked as a slot technical manager at Sunset Station, and left behind three children.
- Mohave County Medical Examiner's Office 928-505-5888
- Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department 702-828-3111
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 9, 2019; middle name added.