Kenneth Lawrence Dietrich
Dietrich, circa 1981
- Missing Since 07/11/1981
- Missing From Yukon, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 29 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'0, 250 - 275 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A multicolored striped shirt, jeans and Roper-style steel-toed boots.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Brown/black two-door 1978 Ford LTD Brougham II with the Oklahoma license plate number CX-490 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Dietrich had a Fu Manchu style mustache at the time of his disappearance, long and turned down at the ends. He has a five-inch vertical scar on his abdomen and a scar on his face under his left nostril. His nickname is Kenny.
Details of Disappearance
Dietrich was last seen at his home in Yukon, Oklahoma on July 11, 1981. He packed a small suitcase with jeans, swim trunks and a Pepsi towel and told his family he was going to meet some coworkers at the Lamp Lighter Club (now called Margarita Island) on northwest 10th Street in Oklahoma City so they could go on a river float trip. He never returned and it's unclear whether he actually met up with his friends. He has never been heard from again.
Several years after Dietrich's disappearance, his brown/black two-door 1978 Ford LTD Brougham II with the Oklahoma license plate number CX-490 was found in the parking lot of the Will Rogers Airport in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Inside was Dietrich's wallet, identification, camping gear, wedding ring, the pinkie ring he wore, and banking information.
Dietrich was a father of three and worked at the Western Electric phone company at the time of his disappearance. Authorities don't believe he left of his own accord. as this is uncharacteristic of his behavior and he left his belongings behind.
The original missing persons casefile was destroyed in a flood after his disappearance, but Yukon Police Department opened a new one in 2016. Dietrich's case remains unsolved.
- Yukon Police Department 405-354-1102
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 20, 2020; casefile added.