Kenneth Wayne Hilscher
Hilscher, circa 1995
- Missing Since 04/08/1995
- Missing From Bloomington, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/22/1958 (64)
- Age 36 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt, black shorts, a black plastic sports watch, a gold-colored class ring from Texas A&M University inscribed with the graduation year 1986, and black and white Nike sneakers or black sandals.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Hilscher's nicknames are Ken and Kenny. He has a scar on his back.
Details of Disappearance
Hilscher was last seen in Bloomington, Texas on April 8, 1995. He stopped at his parents' home on Black Bayou Road #2 to speak with them and his father asked him to stay the night, but Hilscher declined. He left his parents' residence and has never been heard from again.
Hilscher was reported missing by his father on the morning of April 10. Later that day, a bloodstained t-shirt and pair of men's briefs were found by searchers on Old Bloomington Road two miles from Hilscher's home; testing determined the blood was almost certainly his.
Foul play is suspected in his case; based on the pattern of the bloodstains, authorities believe Hilscher was shot in the chest and back.
Hilscher trained as a dental technician at the University of Texas at San Antonio, and in 1986 he got a degree in physical education and biology at Texas A&M University. He was employed as a basketball coach at Bloomington High School in 1995. His disappearance remains unsolved and is being investigated as a homicide.
- Texas Department of Public Safety 800-346-3243
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 7, 2013; details of disappearance updated.