Khadijah Rose Britton

Britton, circa 2018; Britton's tattoo; Negie Fallis; Antonia Bautista-Dalson

  • Missing Since 02/09/2018
  • Missing From Covelo, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Native American
  • Date of Birth 04/22/1994 (29)
  • Age 23 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 150 - 180 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black sweatshirt, a black t-shirt and blue stretch pants.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Native American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Britton has a tattoo of her the word "Wailacki" on her right forearm; a photo of it is posted with this case summary. Her ears are pierced. Khadijah's nickname is Dij. She is a member of the Round Valley Indian Tribes of the Round Valley Reservation.

Details of Disappearance

Britton was last seen in Covelo, California on February 7, 2018. She was visiting a friend in the 23000 block of Airport Road that night when, according to a witness, Britton's ex-boyfriend, Negie Tony Fallis IV, and his new girlfriend, Antonia Bautista-Dalson, pulled up in a black Mercedes.

Fallis was armed with a small Derringer pistol. He went to the door of the house and demanded that Britton come out and speak to him. A physical altercation ensued and Fallias chased Britton around the car, which was being driven by Dawson. Fallis hit Britton and shoved her into the car, and Dawson sped away with them all inside. Britton has never been heard from again.

Photos of Fallis and Dawson are posted with this case summary. Fallis's relationship with Britton was tumultuous and he was known to be abusive, and they had recently broken up. He also has a history of domestic violence charges related to other women.

About two or three weeks before Britton's disappearance, Fallis had attacked her with a hammer and attempted to abduct her in an incident very similar to her later kidnapping. Britton filed a complaint against Fallis for this, and due to his prior criminal history, could have gone to prison if convicted in this incident. However, only hours before her disappearance, Britton went to the police and said she didn't want to pursue charges. Her family believes Fallis coerced her into doing this.

The witness to Britton's February 7 kidnapping did not come forward with their story for several days, until after Britton's family realized she was missing. Ten days after she was reported missing, Fallis was charged with assault, kidnapping, first-degree burglary, threats to commit a crime resulting in death or great bodily injury, attempted murder, and being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition in Britton's disappearance.

He pleaded not guilty and refused to cooperate with the investigation into Britton's disappearance. In June, the authorities were forced to drop most of the charges against him for lack of evidence. His bail was reduced and he was released not long afterwards, although he still faced the charges of possession of gun and ammunition. In August, Bautista-Dalson was arrested for felony suspicion of harboring or concealing a wanted felon, Fallis.

In October 2018, Fallis pleaded no contest to being a felon in possession of a firearm, and Bautista-Dalson pleaded no contest to being an accessory to a felony. Fallis was sentenced to four years in prison, and Bautista-Dalson to eighteen months in jail and eighteen months of supervision. She was ordered to have no contact with Fallis and to spend six months in an inpatient drug rehabilitation program.

Both the police and Britton's family believes she was murdered, and Fallis remains the prime suspect in her case. Authorities hope to find Britton's body.

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 13, 2020; casefile added.