Khiara Lavinia Henry
Henry, circa 2019; Henry on the day of her disappearance; Henry's tattoos
- Missing Since 07/21/2019
- Missing From Maui, Hawaii
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Biracial, Black, Native American
- Date of Birth 03/07/1996 (27)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'3, 105 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a white t-shirt. A photo of Henry on the day of her disappearance is posted with this case summary.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Native American) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Henry is enrolled with the Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation. Her ears are pierced and her nose had once been pierced, but she no longer wore a nose ring at the time of her disappearance. She has a tattoo of sunflowers on upper right arm, and a tattoo of praying hands on her right arm just above the elbow, Photos of her tattoos are posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Henry was last seen in Maui, Hawaii on July 21, 2019. She is from San Diego, California and had come to Maui on vacation. She was staying at a hotel in Kihei. At 2:00 p.m. that day, she rented a car for one night to visit Waiʻānapanapa State Park in Hana. She has never been heard from again.
On July 23, her rental car was found abandoned in a gravel parking lot at Waiʻānapanapa State Park. Her luggage, credit card and identification were inside it, but her car key, cellular phone and a small backpack were missing and have never been located. The mileage in the car indicated it had been driven directly from the rental agency to the park. On July 29, she missed her scheduled flight home.
Henry's family doesn't believe she left of her own accord, as she was close to them. Her father described her as a very adventurous young woman who enjoys hiking and the outdoors, and is a vegan. Her case remains unsolved.
- Maui County Police Department 808-244-6400
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 22, 2020; casefile added.