Kierra Michelle Coles
Coles, circa 2018; Some of Coles's tattoos
- Missing Since 10/02/2018
- Missing From Chicago, Illinois
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 09/24/1992 (30)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 125 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A U.S. Postal Service uniform.
- Medical Conditions Coles was twelve weeks pregnant at the time of her disappearance. She also suffers from asthma.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Coles's ears are pierced. has the following tattoos: a heart on her left hand, the phrase "Lucky Libra" on her back, a jaguar's head on the back of her shoulder, words including the phrase "Love my" in a design on her chest, and words on her wrist. Photos of some of her tattoos are posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Coles in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois on October 2, 2018. She never arrived at the post office where she worked as a city carrier assistant, and she had actually called in sick that day. She has never been heard from again.
Her car was found parked on the block where she lived, with her purse, cellular phone, prenatal vitamins and lunch bag still inside. It's uncharacteristic of her to go without contacting her family or using her social media accounts.
Coles's family stated she was excited about her pregnancy and looking forward to the birth of the baby, her first. She had moved to her apartment a few months earlier, and also had bought a new car. The father of her child is Joshua Simmons, her boyfriend of five years. He has another partner, however, and they have children, and she was also pregnant when Coles disappeared.
Police stated they had "a pretty good idea of what transpired" and that they believed Coles met with foul play. They have multiple persons of interest in her case. It remains unsolved.
- Chicago Police Department 312-747-5789
- United States Postal Inspection Service 877-876-2455
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 10, 2019; casefile added.