Kimberly Ann Stewart
Kimberly, circa 1977
- Missing Since 05/24/1977
- Missing From Sheridan, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/22/1956 (67)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Green Ditto pants, a pink shirt, blue sneakers with white stripes, and a leather necklace with beads spelling "Kim."
- Associated Vehicle(s) Gray 1975 Chevrolet Vega hatchback (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde/brown hair, green eyes. Kimberly's maiden name is Morgan. Her nickname is Kimmie.
Details of Disappearance
Kimberly married her high school boyfriend, Steven Michael Stewart, in 1971, when she was 15 years old. He was a freshman at the University of Oregon at the time. They had a volatile relationship and separated frequently. Kimberly filed for divorce in 1974, then recanted. She filed again on April 13, 1977.
Kimberly left their two daughters in the care of a friend on May 23, 1977 and met Steven at a pizza parlor in Wheatland, California to collect money. Other customers at the restaurant told authorities that the couple was seen arguing inside, then departed shortly thereafter.
Steven told investigators that he and Kimberly left the eatery in separate vehicles. He stated that one of his family members saw Kimberly's car, a gray 1975 Chevrolet Vega hatchback, parked on Highway 65 hours later, approximately two miles from her hometown of Sheridan. Steven's relative claimed that he saw an unidentified vehicle near her car that evening. Kimberly had not retrieved their children from her friend's home and she has never been seen again.
Steven stated that he and his brother located Kimberly's car on the highway; the keys were still in the ignition and her checkbook was inside the vehicle. There was no trace of Kimberly, and Steven and his brother theorized she left voluntarily with another individual.
Investigators believe that Kimberly may have met with foul play, as her family maintained it was uncharacteristic of her to abandon her daughters. She resided at Camp Far West in Sheridan, California at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Placer County Sheriff's Department 530-889-7800
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 12, 2010; picture added, distinguishing characteristics, clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.