Kortne Ciera Stouffer
Stouffer, circa 2012; Stouffer's tattoos
- Missing Since 07/28/2012
- Missing From Palmyra, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/24/1991 (32)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A yellow tank top, black floral-print or fluorescent paint-splattered shorts, a silver class ring and a diamond wedding ring. A photo of Stouffer in those clothes is posted below this case summary.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Stouffer has a tattoo on the left side of her abdomen of a handgun with flowers growing out of the barrel, a tattoo of three stars on top of her right foot, and a tattoo of the words "One Love" on her right bicep, with the O in "One" drawn as a peace symbol and the O in "Love" drawn as a heart. Photos of the tattoos are posted below this case summary. Stouffer's ears and tongue are pierced and she has a mole on her right cheek. Her hair was in dreadlocks at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Stouffer was last seen in Palmyra, Pennsylvania on July 28, 2012. She spent the evening out with friends in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and got into an argument with someone at the Hardware Bar. She returned to her top-floor apartment in the 800 block of west Main Street.
She lived with her boyfriend, who was under house arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs while underage. There was a party at the apartment where alcohol was served. The police arrived to break it up and arrested Stouffer's boyfriend for probation violation.
Stouffer thought it was her downstairs neighbors who called the police on their party, and she believed her boyfriend might spend an extended time behind bars as a result of his arrest. (He ultimately spent only a week in custody.) She and a male friend got into an argument with the neighbors at 3:00 a.m. and the police responded to it.
They left at 3:50 a.m. with the disputing parties back in their respective apartments, but came back at 4:12 a.m. because the same neighbors called them to complain that Stouffer was stomping on the floor of her apartment.
The police knocked on the door of Stouffer's apartment and no one answered; her friend later claimed the were both inside but didn't hear the knocking. No one answered knocks at the complaining neighbor's door either, so the authorities left again.
Stouffer's friend stated he went to sleep and when he woke up later that day, she was gone and all her belongings were left behind, including her wallet, keys, shoes, cellular phone, dog and vehicle, a 2002 Ford Focus. At first her friend thought she was just sleeping in another room.
She has never been heard from again and there were no indications that any violence or a struggle had occurred at her apartment.
At the time of her disappearance, Stouffer worked off and on as a hairstylist at Elle Salon in Palmyra and also worked as a dog groomer and for her father's business, Stouffer Equipment. She is one of five children.
Authorities stated they hadn't ruled out anyone as a suspect in her disappearance. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.
- Lebanon County Detective Bureau 717-228-4408
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 26, 2013; clothing/jewelry description updated.