Kristen, circa 1991
- Missing Since 09/22/1991
- Missing From Beaumont, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/26/1971 (51)
- Age 20 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white pullover shirt and jeans.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Teal Honda CRX (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Kristen's ears are pierced. Some accounts refer to her by her maiden name, Morris.
Details of Disappearance
Kristen was last seen in Beaumont, Texas on September 22, 1991. She has never been heard from again.
Prior to her disappearance, she had married John Smith, nicknamed Dr. John, whom she met while working at one of his pawnshops, General Merchandise and Pawn in Vidor, Texas. John made Kristen cut all ties with her family after their marriage, but she still sent secret notes to her mother. A week prior to her disappearance, Kristen told her husband she wanted a divorce.
On the day of her disappearance, John gave Kristen permission to go shopping alone, something he rarely did. She has never been heard from again. Her teal Honda CRX was found unlocked and abandoned at the Target store in the North Park Plaza shopping center in Beaumont. All her belongings were inside it.
Foul play is suspected in Kristen's disappearance. John is considered a suspect in her case, but he died of heart disease in 1992 without having ever been charged. Her mother is still alive and believes Kristen didn't disappear voluntarily.
- Beaumont Police Department 409-880-3865
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 10, 2019; picture added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.