Kristi Suzanne Krebs
Krebs, circa 1993; Age-progression to age 40 (circa 2010)
- Missing Since 08/09/1993
- Missing From Fort Bragg, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/29/1970 (52)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A royal blue shirt with Round Table Pizza imprinted on the left front left side and jeans.
- Medical Conditions Krebs may have been disoriented due to possible emotional difficulties at the time of her 1993 disappearance.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red Toyota Tercel (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Krebs's right thumb is deformed; it is thick at the knuckle and the tip of her thumb curves inward. She has several large moles on her neck below her right cheek. Her ears are pierced. She speaks with a slight lisp. Krebs's nickname is Kris.
Details of Disappearance
Krebs departed from place of employment, Round Table Pizza, on August 9, 1993 in Fort Bragg, California. She never arrived at her family's residence and has not been heard from again.
Krebs's red Toyota Tercel was discovered abandoned in a shallow creek in MacKerricher State Park shortly after her disappearance. Her wallet, driver's license, bra and panties were found inside her car, but there was no sign of her at the scene. The car stereo was missing from her vehicle at the time of its discovery.
A woman matching Krebs's description was seen hitchhiking along Highway 20 out of Fort Bragg shortly after her disappearance. Authorities have been unable to confirm if the individual was Krebs.
Krebs had been receiving medical treatment at the time of her disappearance for emotional difficulties. She experienced an eerily similar incident involving her car becoming stuck in an area near her home in May 1990, three years prior to her disappearance.
That previous situation apparently served as the catalyst for a psychotic breakdown Krebs experienced. She was hospitalized multiple times over the next six months and was under medical supervision. Her therapists advised her to go back to work, but only part time.
Krebs did well, so she increased her work hours at Round Table Pizza and took a second job at a fast food restaurant. She was working ten or twelve hours a day as a result. It is possible that Krebs overloaded herself with stress and became disoriented when her vehicle became trapped the night she vanished.
Krebs had wandered away from her car during the previous incident and was discovered by passersby shortly after leaving the scene. She was disoriented and required medical attention at the time. It is possible that similar circumstances occurred when her vehicle became trapped prior to her disappearance.
A driver told authorities that she picked up a hitchhiker who matched Krebs's description later in August 1993. The driver said that she met the hitchhiker in Salt Lake City, Utah and dropped her off at a McDonald's restaurant in Park City, Utah. The driver said that her passenger was in a state of euphoria at the time.
Authorities are not certain if the unidentified woman was Krebs, but it is possible that she is hitchhiking in Utah, California, Nevada and Texas. Foul play is possible in her case.
- Fort Bragg Police Department 707-961-2820
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 13, 2012; age-progression added.