Kristie, circa 2018
- Missing Since 05/09/2018
- Missing From Monterey, Tennessee
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 39 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'5, 185 - 195 pounds
- Medical Conditions For unspecified reasons, Kristie is classified as disabled.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Charcoal-gray 2001 Nissan Sentra with sun-damaged paint, damage to the rear bumper, bad tires, and the Tennessee license plate number 310DVD (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Kristie has a tattoo on her leg of a waterfall and a dreamcatcher. She was wearing a brace on her right leg at the time of her disappearance, and she wears eyeglasses with square lenses and brown frames.
Details of Disappearance
Kristie was last seen with her husband, Henry Wilson, in Monterey, Tennessee on May 9, 2018. Henry picked his wife up from her aunt's house at 8:00 p.m. Later that night, they stopped at Tom's Market to buy cigarettes. This is the last time anyone is known to have seen them. They were driving a charcoal-gray 2001 Nissan Sentra, which had sun-damaged paint, damage to the rear bumper, bad tires, and the Tennessee license plate number 310DVD. Neither of them has ever been heard from again.
The morning after the Wilsons were last seen, Henry's cellular phone pinged off at tower in Fentress County. Kristie's phone pinged later in Overton County, Tennessee, in the Coy Phillips Road area. An extensive search turned up no sign of them. Police stated that although their marriage had been troubled, there was no evidence that one of them had harmed the other.
In September 2018, their car was found at the bottom of a ravine off Hanging Limb Highway in Overton County, Tennessee, thirty miles from Monterey. It had been there so long that there were plants growing in it. There was no sign of Kristie or Henry, however.
Kristie's family stated the couple was poor; Kristie was collecting disability benefits and Henry was a day laborer. Although he had a drug problem, his daughter described him as a "great dad" and neither of them had ever gone more than a few days without contact with their families. Kristie left a disability check behind in the mailbox at her home. Her family stated she was planning on returning to work soon.
The Wilsons' families hired a private detective after their disappearance, and the detective believes the couple was killed in a drug deal gone bad. Henry supposedly got into a fight with a suspect over a drug deal and was shot by the suspect, and a second person shot Kristie after she started screaming. This has not been proven.
No suspects have been named in Henry and Kristie's disappearances, but foul play is suspected in their cases.
- Monterey Police Department 931-839-2323
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 25, 2021; picture added.