Kristyn Sue Richerson
Richerson, circa 2018; Carl Bryce; Cody Campbell
- Missing Since 05/25/2018
- Missing From Muskogee, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Native American
- Date of Birth 10/14/1966 (56)
- Age 51 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A ten or beige shirt, camouflage-print pants and possibly a bandana on her head.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Native American female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Richerson's nickname is Krash. Her hair was styled in a short fauxhawk at the time of her disappearance, and she wears eyeglasses for reading. She has an eight- to ten-inch tattoo portrait of Stevie Nicks on her right calf, and a scar on the back of her right leg.
Details of Disappearance
Richerson was last seen at her home in the 1300 block of Houston Street in Muskogee, Oklahoma on May 25, 2018. She was packing up supplies for Rocklahoma, a concert in Pryor, Oklahoma where she was going to see her favorite band play. Her sister reported her missing on July 6.
One of her roommates, Carl Bryce, said they'd gone to Pryor for Rocklahoma as planned, and then Richerson left with an unidentified female. However, cellular phone records indicate Richerson's phone never left Muskogee, and police don't believe she ever made it to Pryor.
Investigators learned Bryce used Richerson's Oklahoma Access Card after her disappearance. He and Richerson's other roommate, Cody Ray Campbell, had also sold or given away some of Richerson's belongings in the weeks before she was reported missing. Photos of both men are posted with this case summary. They were initially detained by police as material witnesses in her case, and were later charged with possession of a stolen vehicle; this was in connection with a truck found at their residence.
Authorities got a tip from Campbell that Bryce had stabbed Richerson to death. Police noted a pile of dirt in the northwest corner of the backyard and the odor of decomposition was present. In July 2018, the same month Richerson was reported missing, they searched their home for her body, but didn't find it. The same day as the search, first-degree murder charges were filed against a "John Doe" suspect in Richerson's case. No arrests have been made, however.
Campbell has been sentenced to five years in prison on the stolen vehicle charge, and that case against Bryce is still pending. No arrests have been made in the presumed murder and the identity of the "John Doe" suspect has not been revealed. Foul play is suspect in Richerson's case due to the circumstances involved.
- Muskogee Police Department 918-683-8000
- Oklahoma Office of the Chief Medical Examiner 918-295-3400
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 26, 2020; three pictures added.