Landon Lee Deriggi
Landon, circa 1973; Age-progression to age 51 (circa 2011)
- Missing Since 07/27/1973
- Missing From Miami Shores, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/31/1959 (63)
- Age 13 years old
- Height and Weight 4'7, 68 pounds
- Medical Conditions Landon was premature and suffers from related medical problems. He has a deviated septum and his nose appears slanted as a result. He has a learning disability and is severely hyperactive. His vision is also badly impaired; he is legally blind, but refused to wear eyeglasses.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Landon's nickname is Lanny.
Details of Disappearance
Landon was last seen on July 27, 1973 at his family's home in the 400 block of northwest 112th Terrace in Miami Shores, Florida. He and his family returned home from a camping trip to the Everglades Swamp the day before. They planned to visit Disney World that day.
That morning, Landon woke his mother and asked if he could go outside to play. She consented. He left the house and never returned.
Though he is very intelligent, Landon had behavioral problems in 1973. He was bullied in school, had temper tantrums and several times he ran away for short periods. His mother didn't report him missing for a day or two as a result.
Police found some of Landon's belongings in a nearby hedge and speculated he was meeting someone. He has never been heard from again. When his family moved to Georgia in 1977, they left a note behind at their old house giving Landon instructions on how to contact them.
Investigators believe Landon is probably dead, but the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear. His case remains unsolved.
- Miami Shores Police Department 305-759-2468
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 20, 2011; age-progression updated.