Laura Louise Smith Williams
Williams, circa 1994
- Missing Since 07/25/1994
- Missing From Connelly, New York
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/17/1972 (50)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 130 - 145 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A light-colored summer shirt and blue jean shorts. Carrying a beige duffel or tote bag with two handles.
- Medical Conditions Williams has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. She requires medication for her condition. She has trouble walking.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Older model white four-door vehicle
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Williams's hair was straight at the time of her disappearance. She has a tattoo of the name "John" on her upper right arm, and a tattoo on her right leg above her knee of two hearts, which appears to be two rings. Williams has two scars on her abdomen. She may use the aliases Laura Louise Smith, Laura Cogswell and/or Laura L. Williams. Her nickname is Lori (alternatively spelled "Laurie").
Details of Disappearance
Williams's neighbor saw her enter an older model white four-door vehicle with two unidentified Caucasian men on July 25, 1994 outside of her Connelly, New York residence in the Connelly Trailer Park. She has never been heard from again. Her boyfriend reported her missing when he returned home from work and discovered she was gone. There was no sign of a struggle inside Williams's home.
Williams left behind three children when she vanished. She also left her multiple sclerosis medication. She has not used her credit cards or renewed her driver's license since her disappearance. At the time she went missing, Williams was separated from her husband, who is the father of her two older children, and was living with her boyfriend, who is the father of her youngest child.
Foul play is suspected in Williams's disappearance. Investigators have a suspect in her disappearance, a man with a history of mental illness who told police he was involved in Williams case and in the disappearance of Cindy Rowles, who disappeared from Kingston, New York in 1986. He told authorities where they should look to find evidence in both cases.
Police consider the man's statements to be credible, but he has not been charged in connection with either case due a lack of evidence to support his statement. Both disappearances remain unsolved.
- Ulster County Sheriff's Department 914-338-3640
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 4, 2022; picture added.