Lelisia Renae Slade
Slade, circa 1988
- Missing Since 06/01/1988
- Missing From Melbourne, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 07/12/1962 (60)
- Age 25 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'3, 110 pounds
- Medical Conditions Slade was addicted to cocaine at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Slade goes by her middle name, Renae, which some agencies spell "Renee." Her ears are pierced. She may use the name Leslisia Johnson Renee Slade.
Details of Disappearance
Slade was last seen near Lipscomb and Horne Street in Melbourne, Florida sometime in June 1988. She has never been heard from again. She lived with her grandmother in the 1100 block of Swift Drive at the time of her disappearance.
She had a history of dropping out of sight for weeks at a time, and a result, her family didn't report her missing for three months. Slade liked to associate with drug addicts in the area. She was addicted to drugs herself and had become a prostitute to support her habit.
She would sometimes sleep in the woods with her boyfriend, who isn't as suspect in her case because her was in jail when she disappeared. Her former husband lived in Georgia in 1988 and said he didn't know her whereabouts. She left behind a three-year-old daughter.
Authorities believe Slade is either deceased or has left the area. Her case remains unsolved.
- Melbourne Police Department 321-608-6731
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 29, 2018; casefile added.