Stavitskie, circa 1985
- Missing Since 01/03/1985
- Missing From Middletown Township, New Jersey
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 56 years old
- Height and Weight 5'1, 150 - 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black waist-length coat, stretchy slacks and brown shoes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Stavitskie's nickname is Lottie. She wears eyeglasses for reading and she wears upper and lower dentures; these were all left behind. She also smokes cigarettes.
Details of Disappearance
Stavitskie was last seen lying awake on the couch at her home on Kentucky Avenue in Middletown Township, New Jersey at 5:30 a.m. on January 3, 1985. When her husband checked on her an hour later, she was gone. She left all her belongings behind, including her car, clothes, money, purse, reading glasses and cigarettes, and has never been heard from again.
Stavitskie is originally from Brooklyn, New York and met her husband in 1965. They had three children, who were aged thirteen to eighteen in 1985. Her husband and eighteen-year-old son both passed polygraphs about her disappearance; the two young children were not asked to take one.
Her loved ones describe her as a "very timid, very nervous" person who didn't like to talk about her feelings. She lived very quietly and had never left without warning before. Her case remains unsolved.
- Middletown Township Police Department 732-615-2100
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 21, 2021; casefile added.