Leonard Coleman Williams III
Williams, circa 2001
- Missing Since 05/26/2001
- Missing From Oxon Hill, Maryland
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 10/13/1963 (59)
- Age 37 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A short-sleeved striped t-shirt, a black or dark blue jacket with yellow lining, dark-colored jeans and sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Williams is an insulin-dependent diabetic. He wasn't carrying his insulin kit when he vanished.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Green 1998 Pontiac Grand Am (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Williams may have a mustache, beard or a goatee. The right side of his chest is concave as the result of a spinal curvature.
Details of Disappearance
Williams was last seen at approximately 5:00 p.m. on May 26, 2001 in Oxon Hill, Maryland. He resided in the 1400 block of Southern Avenue at the time. He told his mother he was going out for a drive, and was last seen driving his mother's green 1998 Pontiac Grand Am shortly after departing from his home.
The vehicle was discovered abandoned on June 3, 2001; there was no sign of Williams at the scene. Inside the trunk of the car was a blanket that did not belong to his mother. Traces of blood and bodily fluids were found on the blanket, but authorities have not released the results of DNA testing.
Williams's wallet with all his identification was located by his mother in Washington D.C. the day after the car was found. He has never been heard from again.
There has not been any activity on Williams's bank accounts since May 2001. His case remains unsolved.
- Prince George's County Police Department