Lina Sardar Khil
Lina, circa 2021; Lina in the clothes/jewelry she wore at the time of her disappearance; Lina's taweez
- Missing Since 12/20/2021
- Missing From San Antonio, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Asian
- Date of Birth 02/20/2018 (5)
- Age 3 years old
- Height and Weight 4'0, 55 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A red long-sleeved dress, a black jacket, black shoes, blue and gold-tone plastic bangle bracelets, gold earrings, and a taweez (an amulet with verses from the Koran) around her neck. Photos of Lina in the clothes and jewelry she wore on the day she went missing, and a photo of the taweez, are posted with this case summary.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Asian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Lina's ears are pierced. She was born in Afghanistan and speaks Pashto.
Details of Disappearance
Lina was last seen playing at the playground at her apartment complex in the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road in San Antonio, Texas, on December 20, 2021. She was at the playground with her mother and younger brother between 4:30 and 5:10 p.m. when her mother left for a short time, and when she returned, Lina was gone. The child has never been heard from again.
Lina and her family are refugees from Afghanistan; they arrived in the United States in 2019. She lived in the Villas del Cabo apartment complex with her parents and brother, and her mother was pregnant with another boy. Many refugees lived in the neighborhood, and Lina's parents initially thought a refugee family was taking care of Lina and would return her.
After they realized Lina was missing, her parents went door-to-door in the apartment complex, asking if anyone had seen her. They also reached out to San Antonio's Afghan community. When they were unable to locate her by 7:15 p.m., they called the police.
The family has cooperated with the police and are not considered suspects in her case. Although little evidence is available in her case, the circumstances of Lina's disappearance suggest she was abducted by a non-family member. Her case remains unsolved.
- San Antonio Police Department 210-207-7273
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 10, 2023; casefile added.