Linda Sue Davis
Davis, circa 1976
- Missing Since 01/07/1976
- Missing From Claremore, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/07/1946 (76)
- Age 29 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'7, 150 - 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Black or dark gray dress pants, a blouse (possibly pink) and brown shoes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Light brown hair, green eyes. Davis has a hysterectomy scar on her abdomen. Her foot and/or toe is fractured from when a horse stepped on it.
Details of Disappearance
Davis was last seen in Claremore, Oklahoma on January 7, 1976. She worked at the Orbits lounge and delivered the receipts to her boss on January 6. She told her boss she thought someone had been following her, but she had lost them.
Davis was last seen at 1:30 a.m. on January 7, in the company an unknown Caucasian male at Don's Club. She has never been heard from again.
On January 8, her car was found abandoned in the 400 block of northwest 9th Street northwest in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. A witness reported seeing the man park the car and walk away the day before.
Davis's purse, containing her driver's license, prescription medications, makeup and various bills and receipts, was in the trunk, along with her light-colored corduroy coat. The coat was bloodstained and had about twenty stab marks in it, and there were human bloodstains inside in the car, on the fender, and in the trunk. One of Davis's brown shoes was found in a nearby bush a few days later.
Davis is divorced and left behind young children. She was scheduled to testify in an assault case: Roland Corky Sanders was charged with pointing a deadly weapon at an officer in the summer of 1975, and Davis had allegedly witnessed it. After her disappearance, Sanders pleaded guilty and was given a two-year deferred sentence.
There is speculation that Davis went into witness protection or fell victim to a serial killer, but little evidence is available in her disappearance and no one has faced any charges. One suspect in her case is incarcerated for the murders of two other women. Davis's case remains unsolved.
- Claremore Police Department 918-825-3820
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 21, 2016; details of disappearance updated.