Lisa Joy White
Lisa, circa 1974; Age-progressions to age 56 (circa 2017)
- Missing Since 11/01/1974
- Missing From Vernon, Connecticut
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/02/1961 (62)
- Age 13 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Green pants and a blue denim jacket.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Lisa has a small pockmark on her forehead above her right eye. She was in very good physical condition at the time of her disappearance; she danced and did acrobatics. Her teeth are perfectly aligned due to the previous use of orthodontic braces.
Details of Disappearance
Lisa was last seen in Vernon, Connecticut on November 1, 1974. The night before her disappearance, she'd been arrested for underage drinking and her parents grounded her. After her mother went to work at 4:30 p.m., she sneaked out to visit a friend on Prospect Street in Rockville, Connecticut, two miles away. Following her visit, at 7:30 p.m., Lisa began walking home. She never arrived and has never been heard from again.
Lisa left a note for her mother saying she was in love with an older boy and "you think I'm a little girl, but I'm not." According to her sister, she associated with older boys and some men. The police initially believed she'd run away from home, but foul play is now suspected in her case.
Lisa's disappearance was one of five in a ten-year period in the Vernon area, including Janice Pockett. All of the missing were female; they ranged in age from 7 to 20 years old. Two of them were found deceased years after their disappearances but the other three, including Lisa, remain missing. It is not clear whether the cases are related. Lisa's disappearance remains unsolved. Her mother died in July 2012.
- Vernon Police Department 860-872-9126
Updated 9 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 23, 2017; age-progression updated.