Lloyd Raymond Gilsdorf Jr.
Gilsdorf, circa 1984
- Missing Since 07/29/1984
- Missing From Pensacola, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/29/1952 (70)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'7, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A sport shirt, blue jeans and moccasins.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Gilsdorf had his hair in a "hippie" type style at the time of his disappearance, with a mustache and full beard. He has a tattoo of the cartoon character Snoopy on his left arm and a tattoo of a zigzag on his right arm.
Details of Disappearance
Gilsdorf was last seen in Pensacola, Florida on July 29, 1984. He told his parents he'd gotten a phone call from an offshore oil company offering him a job, a man from Houston, Texas had sent him a prepaid bus ticket, and someone was going to meet him in New Orleans, Louisiana to take him to the job site. He was glad to get the job, as he'd gone through a divorce and was trying to get back on his feet.
Gilsdorf boarded a Trailways bus at the downtown bus station, en route to Louisiana, but it's unclear whether he ever arrived there. He has never been heard from again.
After three months passed without any word from him, Gilsdorf's mother sent a registered letter to the Houston man who had paid for her son's bus ticket. The letter was returned undeliverable, and his mother reported him missing on January 10, 1985, almost six months after he'd left Pensacola.
Foul play is suspected in Gilsdorf's disappearance; his mother believed he was purposely lured to the bus station to be murdered. Nevertheless, when she died in 1998, he was listed in her obituary as having survivor. Gilsdorf has nine siblings. His case remains unsolved.
- Escambia County Sheriff's Office 850-436-9199
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 18, 2018; picture added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.