Lloyd William Chamberlain IV
Chamberlain, circa 2016
- Missing Since 02/14/2016
- Missing From Merritt Island, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/25/1978 (45)
- Age 37 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A lime-green turtleneck, a gray t-shirt, light-colored jeans, black boots, and a white overall fishing bib with a green jacket and a hat.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Black 2009 Chevrolet pickup truck with attached boat trailer (accounted for); 17-foot SeaPro center console boat (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, hazel eyes. Chamberlain wears prescription eyeglasses. His nickname is Lloydie. He had a red beard at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Chamberlain was last seen in Merritt Island, Florida on February 14, 2016. He was a commercial fisherman and left Port Canaveral at 10:30 a.m. in his seventeen-foot SeaPro center console boat. He was supposed to be back by dusk. When he didn't return, his family went to Port Canaveral and found his black 2009 Chevrolet pickup truck and boat trailer in the parking lot. They reported him missing.
Chamberlain's cellular phone last pinged at 11:32 p.m.; he was approximately two and a half nautical miles offshore from Indian Harbor Beach, Florida at the time. The Coast Guard sent out a search and rescue boat and found Chamberlain's boat, unoccupied, at 12:20 a.m. the next day. It was along the shoreline of Indian Harbor Beach, a few miles northwest of where his phone had pinged. The phone was found on board.
An extensive search, covering 5,000 miles, turned up no other sign of Chamberlain. He is presumed lost at sea.
- Brevard County Sheriff's Office 321-264-5217
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 19, 2018; casefile added.