Lonene Ray Rogers
Rogers, circa 1981
- Missing Since 01/07/1981
- Missing From Hayfield Township, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/18/1951 (71)
- Age 29 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'5, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a navy blue or green peacoat, blue jeans and high brown boots.
- Medical Conditions Lonene is almost totally deaf and cannot speak fluently as a result. She wears a hearing aid, but she left it behind. She was taking medication at the time of her disappearance for unspecified reasons, and she left this behind as well
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Sandy brown hair, gray eyes. Lonene has a freckled complexion and pierced ears. She has had her tonsils removed. She is supposed to wear eyeglasses, but left those behind. Her nickname is Lonnie.
Details of Disappearance
Rogers was last seen at her home on Route 98 in the Littles Corners area of Hatfield Township, Pennsylvania, ten miles northwest of Meadville, on the evening of January 7, 1981. She got into an argument with her husband, Clinton R. Rogers, that evening.
Later that night, Clinton woke up and realized Lonene was not in bed with him. He assumed he was asleep on the couch. When he woke up the following morning, however, he realized she was not in the house at all. Lonene left behind her hearing aid, eyeglasses, medication, car, and other personal items. She also left her two young children. The evening she went missing, there was a severe snowstorm.
The couple had separated before in late 1980, and when she disappeared her husband initially did not report her as a missing person. He said he assumed she left of her own accord and would eventually return. She has never been heard from again, however.
After Lonene's disappearance, her husband, who is also deaf, placed their young daughter for adoption. She is now grown but is estranged from her biological father.
Lonene and Clinton's daughter is attempting to revive the investigation into her mother's disappearance and learn Lonene's fate. She learned that Clinton has been arrested multiple times and that her parents' marriage was troubled. She believes the local deaf community may have knowledge as to what happened to Lonene.
There has been no activity on Lonene's Social Security number since she disappeared. Little evidence is available in her case; it remains unsolved.
- Pennsylvania State Police 814-332-6911
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 28, 2021; five pictures added, details of disappearance updated.