Louise Lamona Romero
Romero, circa 1992
- Missing Since 01/14/1992
- Missing From Starks, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/24/1939 (83)
- Age 52 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 185 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A red shirt and a red skirt or red pants.
- Medical Conditions Romero suffers from mental illness. She had been taking medication for about a year prior to her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Romero wears a full set of dentures. Her nickname is Dottie, and she may use the last name Smith.
Details of Disappearance
Romero was last seen at her residence in the 4000 block of Smith Cut Off Road in Starks, Louisiana on January 14, 1992. She lived alone, but was close to her two adult daughters. She spoke to one of her daughters on the phone shortly before her disappearance; although Romero was upset about a family dispute, the conversation was normal.
A witness reported seeing her running barefoot down the road late at night during a rainstorm; this is the last reported sighting of her before her disappearance. After her disappearance, her Bible was found lying open on her coffee table and mugs were sitting out. Family photos in the residence had been moved, as if someone had redecorated. Romero's shoes and coat were left behind.
Romero has never been heard from again. Because she had dropped out of sight for brief periods in the past, authorities at first believed she had left of her own accord. Now, foul play is suspected in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office 800-259-3737
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 16, 2018; medical conditions added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.