Lydia Ann Perkins
Lydia, circa 1997; Age-progression at age 38 (circa 2020)
- Missing Since 10/26/1997
- Missing From Lexington, Kentucky
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/21/1982 (40)
- Age 14 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11, 90 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, hazel eyes. Lydia has a brown circular birthmark on the right side of her neck, as shown in the photograph above. She has scars on her right eyebrow and in the center of her forehead, and her ears are pierced. Lydia may dye her hair bright red, brown or black.
Details of Disappearance
Lydia was last seen in the Cardinal Valley neighborhood of Lexington, Kentucky on October 26, 1997. She was at her boyfriends' home with her younger brother. Her brother left, then Lydia left after him. She apparently made it to her family's home on Rugby Road, because she called her cousin from the house. She has never been heard from again. Her family reported her missing several hours later.
Lydia was born six weeks premature and her twin sister died at birth. Because she had a history of leaving home without permission, for the first two years after her disappearance she was considered a runaway. She rarely left her neighborhood, however, and had never been gone for very long.
Her case is now classified as an endangered missing person. The exact circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear and her case remains unsolved.
- Lexington-Fayette Urban County Division of Police 859-258-3600
Updated 11 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 23, 2021; age-progression updated.