Lynn Marjorie Bandringa
Bandringa, circa 1967
- Missing Since 05/29/1967
- Missing From Hesperia, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/01/1945 (77)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 119 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black sweater, Levi's jeans or dark-colored capri pants, and a headscarf.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Bandringa's maiden name is Whittaker and her former married name is Leerskov.
Details of Disappearance
Bandringa was last seen in Hesperia, California on May 29, 1967. She disappeared from her home in the 13800 block of Main Street sometime between 5:15 and 5:30 p.m. She and her husband and father-in-law owned a trailer sales business, Bandringra Trailer Sales, and their trailer home also served as the business's office.
She may have been painting a wooden fence in front of the business at the time of her disappearance; a paint can and brush were left behind there. Two witnesses reported seeing her cross Hesperia Road heading away from the trailer. She didn't take any clothing, purse, identification or other belongings with her, and she left her two pet dogs running loose.
Bandringa had gotten married only seven weeks before her disappearance, and her husband said they were happy and he couldn't think of any reason she would want to leave. He was with his father on a service call in Barstow, California on the day she disappeared, leaving her home to mind the office by herself. She is missing under suspicious circumstances and authorities believe she could have been taken against her will.
Prior to her marriage, Bandrindga lived with her parents in Rialto, California. She is a graduate of Eisenhower High School and had previously worked for a San Bernardino credit firm. Her case remains unsolved.
- San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department 909-387-3690
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 19, 2022; picture added.