Lynn Ruth Connes
Connes, circa 1976
- Missing Since 05/20/1976
- Missing From Berkeley, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/21/1955 (67)
- Age 20 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black shirt, black bell-bottom pants, a tan scarf and a silver ring with an etched design.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Bicycle (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Connes has a scar on her lower lip. She has freckles on her face. At the time of her disappearance, her hair was worn long and loose and parted in the center.
Details of Disappearance
Connes left her home in the 2800 block of Regent Street in Berkeley, California on May 20, 1976. She had advertised for employment as a photographer's model and a man identifying himself as "Jeff" answered her ad. They agreed to meet at the Bateau Ivre Restaurant in the 2600 block of Telegraph Avenue, four blocks from her home.
A waitress at the restaurant stated that a woman matching Connes's description came in at 10:15 a.m. The business was closed at the time, but the waitress allowed to her to sit down and wait for her appointment. The waitress did not see her leave.
Connes has never been heard from again and "Jeff" has never been identified. Her bicycle was found locked near the restaurant but there was no sign of her. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. She worked part time as a telephone solicitor in Marin County, California at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Berkeley Police Department 510-981-5900
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 28, 2018; picture added.