Mable Lee Tresner
Tresner, circa 1993
- Missing Since 08/16/1993
- Missing From Jensen Beach, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/19/1913 (110)
- Age 80 years old
- Height and Weight 4'10, 80 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a light-colored nightgown.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. White hair, brown eyes. Tresner may use the last names Puccini and/or Wright. Many accounts spell her name "Mabel." She wears eyeglasses and dentures, but left both behind.
Details of Disappearance
Tresner was last seen at her mobile home in the 100 block of northeast 15th Terrace, off Baker Road, in Jensen Beach, Florida on August 16, 1993. She disappeared overnight and has never been heard from again. She lived alone at the time of her disappearance and was in good physical and mental health.
On the morning of August 17, a friend went to pick her up to take her to the Jesus House of Hope thrift shop, where she was a volunteer. No one was home. Later that day, her daughter went to her home and found it deserted.
The front door was unlocked and Tresner's purse, car keys, clothes, jewelry, dentures and eyeglasses were inside the house. Tresner's bed was made up and her sandals lay on the floor next to the bed, and her bathroom was also in a neat condition.
An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Tresner, although witnesses reported seeing an elderly woman in a nightgown walking along U.S. 1 near the Roosevelt Bridge in Stuart, Florida at 1:00 a.m. on August 17. She has never been heard from again.
Tresner was reportedly very concerned about her appearance and it would be uncharacteristic of her to leave home without putting on her shoes, dentures and glasses. Although authorities initially believed she had a medical problem, became confused and wandered away from the house, foul play is now suspected in her disappearance.
- Martin County Sheriff's Office 772-220-7151
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 19, 2015; casefile added.