Maegan Janean Hembree
Hembree, circa 2013; Tattoo on the back of Hembree's neck; Tattoo on Hembree's left ankle; Tattoo on Hembree's right shoulder; Michael Ramsey
- Missing Since 02/26/2013
- Missing From Smyer, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/06/1982 (40)
- Age 30 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray and purple hooded sweatshirt with "Jimi Hendrix" or "Jimmy Hendrix" printed on the front, blue jeans or pajama pants, and sneakers.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red two-door 1999 Saturn with the New Mexico license plate number KJB142 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Hembree has a tattoo of the Houston Astros logo on her neck, a tattoo of a dark blue butterfly on her the back of her right shoulder and a tattoo of a biohazard symbol on her left ankle; photos of the tattoos are posted with this case summary. She also has a tattoo of a Christian fish symbol on her right foot.
Details of Disappearance
Hembree was last seen in Smyer, Texas at 6:30 p.m. on February 26, 2013. She left in her red two-door 1999 Saturn with the New Mexico license plate number KJB142 to drive to a friend's house in Lubbock, Texas, but never arrived. The last time her cellular phone was used was a few hours after she was last seen. She has never been heard from again.
Three days later, authorities found Michael Todd Ramsey in possession of her car. Hembree had known Ramsey for a couple of months prior to her disappearance and he was the last person known to have been with her. A photo of him is posted with this case summary.
Ramsey is a person of interest in Hembree's disappearance. He has a prior criminal record, but not for violent offenses, and he was incarcerated on unrelated charges after she went missing.
It's uncharacteristic of Hembree to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved.
- Lubbock County Sheriff's Department 806-775-1406
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 17, 2016; details of disappearance updated.