Marble Ace Arvidson
Marble, circa 2011; Age-progression to age 23 (circa 2017)
- Missing Since 08/27/2011
- Missing From Brattleboro, Vermont
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/14/1994 (28)
- Age 17 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black button-down shirt, black pants, black hiking boots and a black fedora.
- Medical Conditions Marble is classified as a special needs child; he is, however, high-functioning.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Marble's nickname is Marb. His hair was shoulder-length at the time of his disappearance and he has scars on his arms and body from self-inflicted cuts. He smokes cigarettes.
Details of Disappearance
Marble was last seen at his home on Marlboro Road in Brattleboro, Vermont on August 27, 2011. At 1:15 p.m., one of his housemates heard him answer the door and invite an unknown man inside.
He apparently left the house sometime afterwards, leaving a note saying he was going out for a walk and would be back shortly. He was supposed to meet his girlfriend at 4:00 p.m., but never showed up. He has never been heard from again.
Marble lived with foster parents and another child at the time of his disappearance; he had been in foster care since the ninth grade, having stayed with two families. He was still close to his first foster mother and visited her several times a week. All his loved ones stated they didn't think he had run away, as this was uncharacteristic of his behavior.
He was a good student, about to start his senior year at Brattleboro Union High School, and was considering colleges, including the University of Vermont. His family and friends stated he was happy and had no reason to leave home. He didn't own a cellular phone at the time of his disappearance.
Shortly after Marble was last seen, Tropical Storm Irene flooded most of the county. He is an avid hiker and there was speculation that he got lost or drowned as a result of the flood. Extensive searches of the area turned up no sign of him or his body. The person who visited him the day he vanished has never been identified. Marble's disappearance remains unsolved.
- Brattleboro Police Department 802-257-7950
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 20, 2018; age-progression added.