Marc William Oestrike
Oestrike, circa 2002
- Missing Since 07/04/2002
- Missing From Fort Myers, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/24/1981 (41)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'10, 130 - 148 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A yellow Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt, baggy blue jeans, and white sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Oestrike was in a car accident on Memorial Day 2002, two months before his disappearance. He broke several vertebrae and also sustained several facial lacerations. He was supposed to wear a back brace and a sling, but he, discarded them, against medical advice, before the injuries had fully healed. Oestrike also has a history of drug abuse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond/brown hair, brown eyes. Oestrike has a scar on his chest and another scar on his left cheek. He has a long scar on his eyebrow about the size of a baseball. He has a tattoo of a green and red fighting dragon on his right shoulder, the name "Angela" tattooed on his chest over his heart, and an unspecified tattoo on his back.
Details of Disappearance
Oestrike was last seen by his parents in Fort Myers, Florida on July 4, 2002. He was accompanied by two men at the time of his disappearance, once named Jose and another named Clift.
Oestrike's parents believe he stole $17,000 from the safe in their house shortly before his disappearance. His parents had planned to use the money to buy land for him and his brother for Christmas. He traveled to Brownsville, Texas after he vanished and was apparently last seen there at A.K.'s Sports Bar and Grill.
During July 2002, frequent calls were made on Oestrike's cellular phone to Halingen, Texas and McAllen, Texas. It is not known who made the calls or if they are related to his disappearance. There hasn't been any sign of him since then.
Oestrike graduated from Barron Collier High School in 1999 and signed up for a four-year stint in the Marines, but deserted after two years. Authorities later had him jailed for this. He disappeared shortly after his release from jail. His family stated he had trouble adjusting to civilian life and often abused substances. He was unemployed at the time of his disappearance. His case is unsolved.
Some agencies state that Oestrike went missing on September 25, 2002. Florida police are investigating.
- Lee County Sheriff's Office 239-477-1000
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 8, 2015; and details of disappearance updated.