Marcus Antonio Farina
Marcus, circa 1991; Marcus in 2012 (over twenty years after his abduction); Age-progression to age 25 (circa 2016); Sergio, circa 1991; Age-progression of Sergio to age 42 (circa 1999)
- Missing Since 12/06/1991
- Missing From Los Angeles, California
- Classification Family Abduction
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/14/1991 (32)
- Age 9 months old
- Height and Weight 2'6, 22 pounds
- Medical Conditions Marcus has problems with his thyroid and pituitary glands and may be in need of medical attention.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Light brown to blond hair, blue eyes. Marcus has a dimple on his right cheek. His hair may be dyed black or brown and his eyes may have darkened as he grew older. He is probably small for his age.
Details of Disappearance
Marcus was abducted by his non-custodial father, Sergio Farina, from his Los Angeles, California home on December 6, 1991. Photographs and vital statistics for Sergio are posted below this case summary. He picked up Marcus up from the home of the baby's mother, his estranged wife, ostensibly to take the child to the pediatrician.
When Sergio did not return with Marcus, the baby's mother went to Sergio's apartment. She found all the rooms empty and the message, "Ha! Ha! Ha! You'll never find us. Merry Christmas!" written on a note which was stuck to a mirror.
A photo and age-progressed image of Sergio are posted with this case summary. His date of birth is December 14, 1957, making him 33 years old at the time of Marcus's abduction. He's described as Hispanic, 5'10 to 5'11, 165 to 185 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Sergio is a Uruguayan national and speaks English, Spanish and Portuguese. He may use the alias last names Salerno and/or Silva, or the alias Pedro Bispo. Sergio is balding. He has a college degree in astronomy, but has pursued various occupations, including acting and trading in precious gems. He also enjoys exotic plants.
The state of California issued a warrant for Sergio's arrest for kidnapping charges on December 12, 1991, six days after he and Marcus disappeared. An FBI warrant for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution was issued for Sergio on October 27, 1993, almost two years after he abducted his son.
Marcus and Sergio may be in South America, possibly Uruguay or Brazil, or they may be in Aquila, a city in the province of Abruzzo in west central Italy. The child's case is unsolved.
- Los Angeles District Attorney's Office 213-974-7424
- Los Angeles Police Department 213-485-4302
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 8, 2016; age-progression added.