Marcus Deon Virgin Sr.
Virgin, circa 2003; David Dale; Keishaun Irby
- Missing Since 05/08/2003
- Missing From Mobile, Alabama
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 08/12/1978 (44)
- Age 24 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'0, 150 - 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green and white polo shirt, blue jeans and a gold ring on his right ring finger with the image of Jesus on the cross.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Virgin's ring finger is scarred and deformed; it will not straighten. He has a scar over his right eye and ten gold teeth: four in the lower jaw and six in the upper jaw. The lower teeth are set with diamonds also. Virgin has the following tattoos: the name "Donna" on his chest over his heart, the phrase "3/2 For Life" on his right arm, and the phrase "Player For Life" around his navel. His right ear is pierced. Virgin's nickname is Lil Bro.
Details of Disappearance
Virgin drove from Pensacola, Florida to Mobile, Alabama on May 8, 2003, along with three acquaintances, and bought a codeine-laced drug cocktail. That evening, Virgin called his uncle and said he would be home shortly.
He never arrived, however, and has never been heard from again. His friends stated they dropped him off near the railroad tracks behind his grandmother's Pensacola, Florida home after they returned, but his relatives never saw him.
Virgin was wanted by both state and federal law enforcement at the time of his disappearance and investigators initially believed he went into hiding to avoid arrest. He is wanted for drug-related charges, habitual criminal traffic offenses, resisting arrest and failure to pay child support. His family and girlfriend say, however, that it is uncharacteristic of him not to contact them for more than a few days.
It wasn't until 2007 that authorities located the car Virgin had been inside on the day of his disappearance. They found a "small sample of blood" in the trunk of the car, but were unable to test it for DNA. In 2019, they resubmitted the DNA evidence for testing, and as a result they were able to make a case.
In May 2020, Florida authorities charged David Lasha Dale with first-degree murder in Virgin's case. He admitted to taking part in the murder, and named Keishaun Isby as the person who supplied the gun and the vehicle used in the murder. A month later, Irby was also arrested and charged in the homicide. Photos of both men are posted with this case summary. They are awaiting trial.
Escambia County, Florida police are investigating Virgin's case. His last known address was in the 5200 block of Charbar Drive. He has four children. Foul play is suspected in his case due to the circumstances involved.
- Escambia County Sheriff’s Office 850-436-9620
Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 28, 2020; details of disappearance updated.