Marcus James Beilman
Marcus, circa 2016
- Missing Since 03/16/2016
- Missing From Port Washington, Wisconsin
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/16/1982 (40)
- Age 27 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 155 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray or sage-green soft shell coat, dark blue jeans and a black knit winter cap.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Kayak (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Marcus has a tattoo on his upper left arm.
Details of Disappearance
Marcus was last seen kayaking with his brother, Kevin R. Beilman, in Lake Michigan off South Beach in Port Washington, Wisconsin on the afternoon of March 16, 2016. Winds were strong, as much as thirty miles per hour, and the waves were five to eight feet high. Both men's kayaks overturned and Kevin lost sight of both Marcus and Marcus's boat.
Kevin was wearing a life jacket and was able to swim to shore at Coal Dock Park; it took approximately thirty minutes, and he arrived ashore at 4:30 p.m. and had to be treated at the hospital for exposure. An extensive search turned up no sign of Marcus. On March 28, his kayak was found partially buried in sand on the beach at Grant Park in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Marcus is presumed to have drowned. His body has never been recovered.
- Port Washington Police Department 262-284-5575
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 20, 2017; casefile added.