Maria De Lourdes Pahl
Pahl, circa 1980; Age-progression to age 67 (circa 2012)
- Missing Since 08/01/1980
- Missing From Vinton, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 03/04/1945 (78)
- Age 35 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11 - 5'0, 100 - 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green top and blue jeans.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes. Pahl has a dimple on her chin and a scar on her abdomen. Her nicknames are Laura, Lulu and Luly. She may use the last name Calleros-Duran.
Details of Disappearance
Pahl was last seen in Vinton, Texas on August 1, 1980. She left home after an argument with her husband, saying she was going to take the bus to Anthony, New Mexico to get groceries.
Her oldest daughter was in Georgia at the time, and went home to take care of her siblings after Pahl didn't come home. There were six children in the family, one of whom was less than a year old.
Pahl and her family had moved from Florida to El Paso in 1978 and lived in a house in the 100 block of Holguin Road. She didn't have a driver's license at the time of her disappearance. In the years since then, her family has left El Paso.
The police didn't conduct any investigation after Pahl disappeared; they merely filed a missing persons report. The investigation was reopened in 2000, thirty years later, and authorities began looking into the possibility that foul play was involved in her case.
They excavated her family's former home and found no evidence, and Pahl's oldest daughter stated she didn't believe her father was involved in her mother's case.
Pahl is described as a devoted mother who wouldn't have abandoned her children. Little information is available in her disappearance.
- El Paso County Sheriff's Office 915-538-2291
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 2, 2015; details of disappearance updated.